Thursday, January 13, 2011

The List

Lists help me to not forget the hand soap when grocery shopping, make sure I pack my bathing suit for a trip, procrastinate when I don't want to do something, etc. I'm a lister and make multiple a day. Evidently there are lot of people who love lists too. On 12-16-2012 I will turn 30. I was inspired by my co-worker who made a list of 40 things she was going to do this last year when she turned 40. It is quite possible that jumping out of a plane with her was even more of a motivator to make a list so she can help me do something crazy. Anyways, if she could do 40 things in a year I figured I could at least do 30 things by my 30th. So here it is in no particular order:


1.      Run the Chicago Marathon
2.      Go to Iceland
3.      Do a half ironman signed up for Austin 70.3 on 10/23/11
4.      Make a fun party dress
5.      Visit at least 5 of the following states: Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Mississippi, Kentucky, Indiana, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Rhode Island, Maine
6.      Buy 3 spices I have never heard of and make a recipe with each of them
7.      Attend the Ground Hog’s Day celebration
8.      Send Mom and Dad on a trip for their 40th anniversary on 8-26-12
9.      Make and send cookies/gift/surprise to a friend or family each month for a year(0/12)
10.  Read Lord of the Rings then watch all of the Lord of the Rings
11.  Memorize and play AND sing a song on the guitar in front of people I know
12.  Get another tattoo
13.  Read 30 books: The Reliable Wife, Monique and the Mango Rains,
14.  Create a list of things that make me happy at least once a month (0/25)
15.  Splurge on a pair of boots or jeans
16.  Run in the snow12/5/2010 Cross Country Challenge (not only was it in snow but 7 degree windchill, that was my limit)
17.  Go on a food tour in Chicago
18.  Pretend to be a tourist once a month and visit a local attraction
19.  Go to the dentist-twice
20.  Donate blood
21.  Get at least 8 hours of sleep for a full 14 days
22.  Own up to my library fine and pay it off, then use it
23.  Throw 3 parties just for fun
24.  Make a quilt
25.  Eat 5 things I have never eaten before
26.  Create a picture, frame and hang it on the wall
27.  Work a week from 9-5
28.  Write a letter instead of calling 10 friends
29.  Eat at a restaurant alone
30.  Give $10 to charity for everything not completed


I'm not sure what shape this blog is going to take if any at all. I do hope to share the adventures, fun, and hysterical times of the final years of a twenty-something. Plus, if you have a follower before posting your first post you gotta at least write something.

1 comment:

  1. This list makes me want to write a list of my own! Neato!

    ReplyDelete